In order to keep the charity's work relevant, it is vital that the Board is made up of a mixture of experienced trustees and new, fresh members. If you have an interest in securing the future of the performing arts in general, and in the North East of Scotland in particular, please consider becoming a Board member.
In these challenging times, it is more vital than ever that the charity embraces change and takes active steps to fulfil its objectives.
The requirements are:
- Enthusiasm to secure the future of Aberdeen's oldest festival.
- The ability to engage with others, to be open to new ideas, to be forward thinking
- A moderate degree of I.T. competence - basic skills essential - more than that helpful.
- Time - the Board meets a minimum of four times a year, but active members will need to commit more than that, depending on the role undertaken
- Willingness to undertake a specific role, and to take active steps to fulfil that specific role
- An understanding of the general responsibilities of governance shared with fellow Trustees
If you are interested in joining the Board, please get in touch. You don't have to commit right away. You will be welcomed to forthcoming meetings/discussions. Once you feel that our charity is right for you you can let the Chair know, and your role made official.
Please get in touch with our chair, Teresa Boag, or Festival Director, Janette Hall,if you would like more information.