Can you spare some time to help us?
Run entirely by volunteers, the Association needs help year round with a number of tasks. Some are small, stand alone jobs. Other work takes longer to complete, some tasks require working within a team. If you can spare any time at all, please download and complete the Volunteer Interest Survey and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those with I.T. skills are particularly welcome.
We have generous office and storage space at our Headquarters at Hill of Rubislaw.
We are urgently in need of the following - and all roles can be shared:
- a Treasurer
- a Fund Raiser
- section leaders for Vocal and Choral section and for Wind sections
- contributors to compiling a history of the Festival for 2023 Centenary Year.
- teachers/other interested supporters to take the festival forward into the next 100 years
Just two or three hours during Festival Week?Although it is unpaid, volunteers can be assured that they are making a vital contribution to the organisation of the Festival. We therefore appeal to anyone who has a few hours to spare during Festival week to consider giving their names to the Secretary to join our stalwart team of Stewards.
Hosts and Stewards are essential to enable festival week to run smoothly. Certain sections attract large groups of competitors e.g. choirs, instrumental groups, orchestras, bands etc. It can be very difficult to find enough people to act as stewards to ensure that the Festival runs smoothly.
There are three ways in which you can help:
- Cash Steward - Takes entrance money and makes sure people do not enter the hall during a performance. Tickets will be available online this year. Card readers will be available at each venue.
- Hosts - Check that competitors are present, and puts the relevant numbers from the programme on the competitors’ board. Welcomes adjudicator and audience, announces the start of each class and generally keeps the section flowing.
- Adjudicator’s Assistant - Assists at adjudicator’s desk with music, adjudication sheets and certificates.
If you are willing, or know of anyone who might be willing, to give a morning, afternoon or evening to undertake one of these duties, please complete the volunteering form and email it to email@example.com.